Attend Workshops on Saturday, September 12th, 2020
Sponsored by Orange Environment, Inc., a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect Orange County’s natural resources and to promote the sustainability of its communities.
Put your boots on and get your feet muddy with two hands-on/feet-on sessions on how to put sustainable methods into practice in your own backyard!
MORNING SESSION AFTERNOON SESSION
Essentials of Natural Building Rainwater Catchment
• When: 9:00 AM to noon • When: 1:30 – 4:00 PM
• Where: Manza Family Farm, 4 Hathorn Road, Warwick, New York 10990
• Cost: $45 • Cost: $65 (includes a free rain barrel)
• Intro to Permaculture Principles
• Incorporating natural building elements into your existing home
• versatility and use applications of clay, sand, straw, stone, wood, and grasses
• Cob applications to build: walls, floors, bathrooms, kitchen, or an outdoor pizza oven
• Mixing clay paints from simple ingredients for use on a variety of surfaces Topics Covered
• Installing a home Rainwater Catchment System
• Harvesting rainwater provides an alternative to drinking water for gardening and other uses
• 55-gallon barrel will be provided free to workshop participants and use of workshop tools that will be provided
• You will also be requested to bring some simple tools (will be specified when you sign up)
• Instructor: Jamie Manza, Organic CSA Farmer and Natural Builder;
Jamie began his natural building career at the Ashevillage institute and designed and built the northeast’s first bale cob structure in High Falls, NY • Instructor: Frank Dragone, a Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardener, has been an avid organic gardener for over 40 years, from seed starting to harvesting and food preservation
• CDC Guidelines will be followed: Total participants limited to 15 for safe social distancing. Masks are required. All activities will take place outside.
• Please bring your own masks, snacks, drinks, and lunch if you are staying for both sessions.
Pre-registration and pre-payment required by Sept. 9th – please go to www.orangeenvironment.com to sign up. For more info contact Peter Lai at 845-313-4246 or at email@example.com. If signing up for both sessions OR are an Orange Environment member, a $10 discount will be applied.
Payment is available via PayPal: