Orange Environment (OE) is commited to environmental activism, research, education, and advocacy. Orange Environment has an elected Board of Trustees who maintain Orange Environment’s mission and follow it’s by-laws in a spirit of positive cooperation.
To further our goal of taking meaningful action in defense of the environment in Orange County, Orange Environment works to build a broad-based membership of fellow citizens. Members are invited regularly to meet, address, connect, and share information on local problems affecting their lives. (Dates, times and locations are announced in local newspapers.)
In April, we coordinate an Earth Day Celebration, specifically geared towards education of our youth. In November, we hold our Annual Harvest Dinner, where we present Awards to recognize community leaders who help advance the goals of a protected environment, sustainable communities, and informed public and sound decision making.
Orange Environment, as a membership organization, is dedicated to the continued action in defense of our environment based on citizen activism, civic responsibility, and democratic principles.
What are Orange Environment’s future objectives?
- Promote sustainability plan for Orange County to control sprawl and inappropriate growth
- Promote broad-based environmental education program in schools
- Ensure proper implementation of Middletown revolutionary waste program
- Foster sustainable revitalization of Newburgh, Middletown and Port Jervis
- Prevent a new generation of waste facilities based on importation of waste from outside our County